The Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie is already setting box office records. Do you know that you can watch an episode of Star Wars, right on your Linux Terminal or Windows Command Prompt? Yes, thats possible! Well, not in HD format but in ASCII animation format. Let us see how to watch an episode of Star Wars on Linux Terminal or Windows Command Prompt.
It will be ASCII version of Star Wars, episode IV: A New Hope. To watch, just follow these steps and make sure you are connected to internet:
- Open the terminal, or press ‘Ctrl+Alt+T‘ keys – This will open up terminal.
- In terminal window type:
- Wait a while as it connects to the server, after connecting you will see ASCII animation in the terminal like this :
- You can stop the animation by pressing ctrl + ] and then typing quit to close the terminal.
- Open CMD, or press ‘Windows key + R’, then type ‘cmd‘ and press enter.
- Command Prompt pops up, now type:
- It will connect to the server and the ASCII animation will start.
- You can stop the animation by pressing ‘Ctrl+C’ keys.
So, enjoy watching Star Wars episode IV and “May the Force be with You!“